Prince William refuses to “take more nonsense” on the Megxit drama in the royal family | Royal | New
Prince William has been “very, very firm” in pushing Prince Harry and Meghan Markle back behind the scenes, according to a royal expert. Mail on Sunday columnist Charlotte Griffiths noted that a “new image is emerging that William is much tougher in this situation than we previously thought.” It comes in the midst of an ongoing rift between the two brothers.
She told Palace Confidential on MailPlus that William was “no longer taking the couple’s silliness.”
Ms Griffiths continued: ‘Most people believed that the main culprit behind the fallout was not Meghan, but rather the brothers themselves.
“A new image is emerging that William is much tougher in this situation than we previously thought.
“He’s very, very firm. He was a lot harder behind the scenes early on.
“He hadn’t been messing around very early on, it seems.”
JUST IN: Prince William “takes decisive action” against Harry
It comes after the program producers for ITV’s new documentary “Harry and William: What Happened?” Had to make last-minute changes after a claim that William disclosed negative stories about his brother’s mental health was refuted by the Duke of Cambridge.
Host Jo Elvin said, “This is another sign that William is keen to correct what he considers to be untruths.”
Royal Mail Editor Rebecca English added: “We are not going to see William complaining about an article or program.
“But what is clear is that there is a line in the sand for him.
“The suggestion he made about his brother and his mental health issues was just one step too far for him.”
Royal author Duncan Larcombe recently claimed William ‘dreaded’ Harry and Meghan’s next move amid reports the couple were considering becoming ‘influencers’.
Prince Harry told Oprah Winfrey that he and William were on “different paths” and called their relationship “space”.
The couple criticized the royal family for their lack of support in the face of Meghan’s struggle with mental health and claimed Buckingham Palace was not supportive of dealing with the media intrusion.
They said the palace refused to correct the damaging tabloid articles that regularly circulated about the Duchess, leaving Meghan feeling unsupported and vilified by the press.