Baby Barrow rescued from bathtub seat by Uber Eats drivers dad and son
TWO unlikely heroes came to the rescue of a Barrow kid who got stuck in his bath seat.
Aimee Devlin and her 10-month-old daughter Minnie were enjoying the usual bath time routine when the toddler stood up and slipped through the leg hole in her bath seat.
Ms Devlin said: “I came to have Minnie’s bath and had ordered some take out in advance.
“I thought I would make her take a bath and she would be ready to go to bed and I timed it so I could have the take out after she was laid – but it didn’t. quite as expected. ”
Minnie was lying face first, so Aimee had to remove her and the seat from the tub before she realized Minnie was “completely stuck”.
Then came a knock on the door – Dylan Wood, a Just Eats driver who was helping his dad Gav deliver for Uber Eats.
Ms Devlin said: “I took Minnie in the bath seat and went to the door and said ‘please help me please. My baby is stuck in her. bath seat and I can’t get it out ”.
“The boy tried to pull her and she just didn’t move and she was starting to feel cold at this point because she was still wet.
“The boy mentioned that his father was with him and at that point his father stopped outside, wondering what was taking his son so long.”
After realizing what was going on, the father took action.
“He suggested that I take dish soap or soap,” Ms. Devlin said.
“So I went and got some dish soap and squirted it on her lower half and it lubricated her enough that we took her out of the space she was stuck in.”
“He told me he had four kids and it was absolutely nothing.
“It was so calm and I was flapping my wings – I wasn’t sure if I should call the fire department to try and get her out.
“It was one of those horrible situations where you find yourself alone – my husband is still here and the night he chooses to go out is the night she gets stuck in her bath seat.
“They (the men) got there just in time.”
Despite the stress of the ordeal, baby Minnie was not upset, with Mum Aimee saying she “was just complaining about the inconvenience”.
She said: “I’m really grateful to them for stopping and helping me because I was so freaked out.
“They were able to free the baby without causing any injury that could have occurred.
“They didn’t have to stop and I don’t know if it affected any of their other jobs.”
After the ordeal, she tipped them for a job well done.